Saturday, August 13, 2005

MY AUSTRALIA

Australia. My Land, one nation and free,
an island of beauty encircled by sea.
Great mountain ranges deserts of gold,
mysterious secrets yet to be told.

Plains so extensive rivers and gorges
beauty and splendour a canvas it forges.
Snow-capped escarpments waterfall spun
crystals of brilliance vibrate in the sun.

Myriads of rainbows banking in flight
birds in a spectrum of colour and light.
My land, Australia much more to behold
an artistic canvas, green, silver and gold.

Copyright 2005 Jim Spain

3 comments:

Sue Crawford said...

The blog is looking good. Do you want to connect up to nwg-inc yet?

Rimeriter said...

Jim Spain said----
Still having trouble finding my way.
Friend used jamesjottings.blogger.com
and I have viewed my page. Now I will return to find what else I can do.
Cheers.

Cas van Loon said...

Hi Jim, Glad to see another poet on the scene and the page looks good. Congrats and may we long enjoy your pages on the blogs. Keep it up. Fellow Poet Greypoet Cas